IMPORTANT: Mods are third party programs created by the community. Like anything you download from the internet, make sure you only download and install content from sources you trust.
We plan to have Steam Workshop support eventually, but for the time being here is how to manually install mods for Clicker Heroes 2.
If a mod you install breaks something, you could theoretically lose all your progress and have to start your game over from the beginning, so always be sure to make copies of your saves so you can revert back if you need or want to.
For Windows your save files can be found here:
- C:\Users\*Your User Name*\AppData\Roaming\ClickerHeroes2\Local Store\saves
You can also type %appdata% into the Windows Explorer address bar to get directly to the AppData\Roaming folding if you're having trouble locating it.
For Macs your save files can be found here:
- Users/*Your User Name*/Library/Application Support/ClickerHeroes2/Local Store/saves
For Windows by default it will be at this location:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Clicker Heroes 2\mods\active\
For Mac first go to the location of the ClickerHeroes2.app which by default should be here:
- Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Clicker Heroes 2/ClickerHeroes2.app
Then ctrl+click onClickerHeroes2.app and select "Show Package Contents" and place your mod .swf files here:
You can also find the Clicker Heroes 2 folder through Steam by right-clicking on Clicker Heroes 2 in your games list (ctrl+click on Mac) and choosing Properties > Local Files > Browse Local Files… and then going to the mods\active folder from there.
For Windows mods.txt will be found here:
- C:\Users\*Your User Name*\AppData\Roaming\ClickerHeroes2\Local Store\
For Mac mods.txt will be found here:
- Users/*Your User Name*/Library/Application Support/ClickerHeroes2/Local Store/
The list should look something like this, with the italics being the part you add:
Delete the old .swf from mods\active and replace with the new one.
If the file name has changed you will need to edit the mods.txt file as well to remove the old name and add the new.
Remove the mod name from the mods.txt priority list.
Delete the .swf from mods\active.
Restore your backed-up saves if you want to undo permanent changes the mod might have made.